Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brainstorming, sketching

I usually start identity projects with a brainstorming meeting to gauge a clients needs and wants and to get a picture of competitors, audience, target markets, etc. Here, my brief was through a second party and I was requested to do something, clean, Swiss and BP Solaresque. The new company name will be Solmar (sun and sea) Technologies.

Currently the company is named Insultech and has a clean website in orange and black with a bold, italic, squared typeface. It also presents technical product photos on the homepage. The products are thermal and acoustical insulation. I gather surfing is central to the culture of the company from the surf report link on the homepage.

So keywords for sketching are:
Sun Sea Energy Insulation Conservation

New colors could be blue and yellow to represent sun and sea and replace the orange and black.

Solmar has 6 letters and could be set in a number of ways:
SOLMAR solmar SolMar SoLMAR SoLMaR


Now I pull my lovely wife into the project and we start sketching:
Click on the images for larger versions














No comments: